Position: Program Manager of Digital Inclusion
Reports to: Director of Digital Inclusion
Neighborhood Allies’ Digital Inclusion (DI) department proudly coordinates regional responses to bridging the digital divide by providing materials and technological skills training, including Beyond the Laptops and LevelUp412.org. We are seeking a Program Manager of Digital Inclusion to join our team. An ideal Program Manager will be a collaborative, highly organized, and flexible individual. They will have the ability to collaborate with community stakeholders, program staff, and industry leaders to coordinate and manage programs under Neighborhood Allies’ long-term initiative to bridge the digital divide. Integral to this role is the ability to effectively build trust and foster genuine participation of capable partners and implementers in the creation of equitable communities to improve the capacity and power of residents to develop digital competencies, encounter new technologies, access opportunity employment and education, and take an active role in the future-oriented workforce developments in the region.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support and Manage Digital Inclusion Community Center Program, LevelUp412.org projects:
- Embody an inclusive and equitable approach to digital skills acquisition.
- Coordinate program elements: outcomes measurement and reporting, participant recruitment,
program promotion, supplies to partners.
- Make reports to, and ensure strategic alignment with Director.
- Convene community stakeholders, site and programmatic partners, and field experts for ongoing
program development, recruitment, and outreach.
- Communicate outcomes, expectations, and opportunities between project partners and funders.
- Collaborate with support staff on construction timeline and programmatic alignment.
- Manage procurement process for programs and site development with consultant support.
- Represent DI in regional networks related to workforce and STEM skills, programming, and
- Promote DI initiative in press, online, and in the community; in league with communications and
web development teams.
- Develop workforce development connections and opportunities for participants to find continuing
education and employment.
- Maintain program budget with mind to efficient and effective fund allocation.
- Research best practices, tech workforce/training trends and developments.
- Propose (and deploy) programmatic improvements based on careful analysis.
- Cultivate a team of support staff, associates, and interns as required.
- Support overarching Digital Inclusion programs and initiatives, including:
- Develop and maintain working partnerships with key tech industry actors in Pittsburgh.
- Identify opportunities for Neighborhood Allies to collaborate and grow within the Pittsburgh
- Communicate successes, initiatives, areas of need, in order to activate partners and galvanize
- Visualize data and outcome and develop professional, public-facing materials.
- Obtain press coverage.
- Leverage creative event and workshop planning to showcase innovation and brand, such as
- Learn, analyze, and implement best practices and inject new fresh ideas into the community building work in
Pittsburgh to better position Digital Inclusion centers and initiatives by:
- Identifying and analyzing other digital divide responses and resources around the world.
- Applying best practices to program design and development.
- Innovation around digital literacy skills delivery through user-centric design thinking approaches.
- Manage special projects as they arise.
- Commitment to improving the quality of life of people of color and low-income populations.
- Experience and ability to analyze in-depth community, racial, and economic justice issues and to facilitate
tough conversations with grassroots leaders and community-based organizations.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity, patience, and thoughtfulness regarding community concerns.
- Experience with data collection and analysis for financial and programmatic review.
- Working knowledge of and experience with community development issues.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working at a community-based organization, non-profit, education, or
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, including public speaking; ability to represent the
organization with external partners.
- Ability to make professional presentations and reports to major stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, project management, instructing, and facilitation abilities.
- Highly entrepreneurial and flexible, with ability to prioritize.
- Ability to travel as part of work responsibilities and to work some evenings.
- Passionate and committed belief in community development.
- Strong working knowledge of tech industry, developments in field, policy, rights, and ethics.
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, Business, or equivalent preferred.
- Please highlight any experience working with or within a corporate environment or large organization (the
profile of some of our sponsors and partners)
Neighborhood Allies offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Open until filled. Salary range: $55,000-
$70,000, candidates with exceptional qualifications are encouraged to apply to discuss additional possibilities.
Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary requirements by Friday, April 30th, 2021 to:
429 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1900
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
No phone calls please. Position is open until filled.
NEIGHBORHOOD ALLIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND
Download a PDF of the full job description here.